Volleyball is one of the most popular sports among girls. The game is well-known among female athletes all around the world. It’s amazing to see a woman participate in a game like volleyball, where physical preparation is essential.
We will provide a list of ten of the best female volleyball players in the world at the moment. These legendary volleyball players rose to prominence for a variety of reasons, including their professional competence, physical condition, remarkable height, and attractive appearance. Take a peek at these well-known female volleyball players.
Volleyball has yet to emerge as one of the most well-known and recognized sports in the world. Women volleyball players’ income is being harmed since they are paid less and have fewer endorsement opportunities. Volleyball is an easy game to learn and play. So, who are the world’s best female volleyball players of all time? Let’s have a look.
1. Jordan Larson
|Full Name||Jordan Quinn Larson|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1986|
|Net Worth||3 million USD|
|Place of Birth||Fremont, Nebraska, U.S.A|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Notable Honors||5 Gold Medals in different events|
Jordan Larson is a professional domestic volleyball player from the United States who is widely regarded as one of the top female volleyball players of her generation. Throughout her career, Larson has earned five gold medals in various tournaments. She earned a silver medal at the 2012 Olympics. She is one of the world’s best female volleyball players.
In her last three seasons, she was chosen to the Super-State main team. In 2003, she established a Class C1 state record with 15.08 kills per game and led LVHS to the state finals. As a senior in 2004, she established a C1 record with 501 kills, and Logan View advanced to the Class C1 state semifinals. She was selected as the Gatorade High School Player of the Year in Nebraska.
Did you know that Larson represented the Nebraska Juniors in 2003, 2004, and 2005 USA Junior Olympic Girls’ Volleyball Championship? All three years, she was an All-American.
Let’s Look at Some of the Highlights of Her Career:
- Since 2009, she has been a member of the United States Women’s National Team.
- At the Tokyo Olympic Games, he was named Best Outside Hitter and MVP.
- Team Sport has been named the Women’s Sports Foundation’s 2021 Sportswoman of the Year.
- In 2015 and 2016, she was named USAV Female Indoor Player of the Year.
- Professionally played in Puerto Rico, Russia, Turkey, and China.
- Nebraska won the NCAA Division I championship in 2006 two-time First-Team AVCA All-American.
- In 2020, he will be inducted into the Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame.
- In addition, she represented the United States on the Girls Youth National Team.
Larson was named to the US National Team’s 12-player Olympic squad again for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo on June 7, 2021, her third consecutive Olympic Games. She has stated that this will be her final Olympics, and she is the sixth senior volleyball player in USA history to be nominated to an Olympic squad.
2. Kelsey Robinson
|Full Name||Kelsey Marie Robinson Cook|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1992|
|Net Worth||3.5 million USD|
|Place of Birth||Elmhurst, Illinois, United States|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Notable Honors||4 Gold Medals in different events|
Kelsey Robinson is a professional volleyball player from the United States. She is also a part of the USA women’s national volleyball team. Robinson is a popular female volleyball player. She has a lovely appearance and an outstanding build.
Robinson has won four gold medals in various volleyball events. She is one of the most well-known female volleyball players, having millions of social media followers worldwide. Kelsey Robinson’s net worth is $3.5 million as of 2022, and she is still actively working to raise this large net worth.
Robinson played women’s volleyball in college at the University of Tennessee and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. While still at Nebraska, Robinson was named one of four candidates for the Honda Sports Prize in volleyball in 2014. She is one of the world’s best female volleyball players.
Robinson was a member of the United States national team that won the World Championship gold medal in 2014, defeating China 3-1 in the final match. Robinson earned the silver medal with Imoco Volley Conegliano in the 2016-17 CEV Champions League after losing the final match 0-3 against Turkish VakifBank Istanbul, also receiving the Best Outside Spiker award.
Here are Some of Her Accomplishments:
- “Most Valuable Player” in the 2015-16 Italian League.
- CEV Champions League “Best Outside Spiker” in 2016-17.
- “Best Outside Hitter” at the 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix.
- “Best Outside Hitter” in the FIVB Women’s World Club Volleyball Championships in 2022.
- Since 2014, she has been a member of the United States Women’s National Team.
- In 2018, he switched from outside hitter to libero before returning in 2019.
- Professionally played in China, Puerto Rico, Italy, and Turkey.
- In 2013, he was an AVCA First Team All-American at Nebraska.
- In 2011, she also played for the United States on the Women’s Collegiate National Team.
3. Samantha Bricio
|Full Name||Samantha Estephania Guadalupe Bricio Ramos|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1994|
|Net Worth||4 million USD|
|Place of Birth||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Notable Honors||Youngest Player to Play for Mexico|
Samantha Bricio is a professional female volleyball player from Mexico. She is Mexico’s youngest-ever international player. Bricio is a bright and remarkable young player.
She has a long future ahead of her to establish herself as one of the finest volleyball players in the world. At the age of 26, she is one of the world’s most prominent and well-known female volleyball players. Samantha Bricio’s net worth is estimated to be approximately $4 million as of 2022.
Bricio earned the gold medal in the 13-14-year-old division at the Mexican National Games before going on to win silver in the NORCECA U-18 Championship and qualify for the 2009 U-18 World Championships. In the 2008 NORCECA U-20 Championship, she finished sixth with her national junior team, earning the Rising Star title for her accomplishments at such a young age.
Bricio assisted Jalisco (her regional squad) in reaching the National Games. She was a member of Mexico’s junior squad again in the first Junior Pan-American Cup when she contributed to the team’s fourth-place result and was named Best Scorer. Bricio went on to earn a silver medal and the Best Scorer title in the first Girls’ Youth Pan-American Cup.
She competed in the High-Performance Championship in Tucson, Arizona, and was scouted by numerous institutions before enrolling at the University of Southern California. Bricio competed for Mexico in the 2011 Girls Youth World Championship, finishing twelfth following a 0-3 loss to Italy.
These are the Clubs she Played For:
- Jalisco, Mexico (2009–2012).
- Rising Tide in the Chesapeake Bay, United States (2016).
- Imoco Volley Conegliano, Italy (2016–2018).
- Turkey Fenerbahçe (2018–2019) (2018–2019).
- Pallavolo Scandicci, Italy (2019-2020).
- WVC Dynamo Kazan of Russia (2020-2022).
Let’s Look at Her Individual Achievements:
- NORCECA Junior Championship “Rising Star” in 2008.
- NORCECA Youth Championship “Most Valuable Player” in 2010.
- “Best Scorer” in the 2010 Central American and Caribbean Games.
- “Best Scorer” in the 2011 Youth Pan-American Cup.
- “Best Scorer” in the 2011 Junior Pan-American Cup.
- “Best Scorer” in the 2013 Pan-American Cup.
- “All-Star” in the 2016-17 Italian League.
- “Most Valuable Player” in the 2016 Italian SuperCup.
4. Laura Ludwig
|Full Name||Laura Ludwig-Bowes|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1986|
|Net Worth||5 million USD|
|Place of Birth||East Berlin, East Germany|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Notable Honors||6 gold medals, including one Olympic gold medal|
Laura Ludwig is a female beach volleyball player from Germany. She is one of the most well-known female volleyball players of all time. Ludwig has a lovely appearance and an excellent figure, which draws her followers to her. She is world-class and one of the world’s best female volleyball players.
Her attractiveness is one of the key reasons for her social media success. In her career, she has won six gold medals, with one Olympic gold medal in 2016. Laura Ludwig’s net worth is estimated to be approximately $5 million as of 2022.
Ludwig won the U18 European Championship and then the U18 World Championship at Pattaya Beach, first partnering with Jana Köhler from Thailand. She recovered from a stroke that nearly destroyed her career after joining up with a new partner, Sara Goller.
Ludwig and Goller became German champions in 2006, won the U23 European Championships in St. Pölten, and finished fourth in the women’s European Championships in The Hague the same year.
She earned silver medals at the European Beach Volleyball Championships in 2007 and 2009, as well as gold medals in the Beach ECH in 2008 and 2010. They competed in the Summer Olympics in 2008 and 2012, placing ninth in 2008 and reaching the quarterfinals in 2012.
Ludwig forged a beach alliance with Kira Walkenhorst in 2013. The partnership was a success, earning bronze medals at the European Beach Volleyball Championships in 2013 and 2014, and gold medals at the Beach ECH in 2015 and 2016. Ludwig and Walkenhorst claimed the gold medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics, beating Brazil’s Agatha and Bárbara in the final in straight sets of 21-18 21-14.
Here are Her Individual Accomplishments:
- Gold medal in Rio de Janeiro Beach FIVB World Championships 2016.
- Gold medal in Vienna Beach European Championships 2017.
- Gold medal in the 2008 Hamburg Beach Gold Medal competition.
- First place in the 2010 Berlin Beach Gold Medal competition.
- Klagenfurt Beach Gold Medal 2015 – First Place.
- Silver medal – second place at the 2016 Biel/Bienne Beach.
- Silver medalist at Valencia Beach in 2007.
- Silver medalist at Sochi Beach in 2009.
- Bronze medalist at Klagenfurt Beach in 2013 and Cagliari Beach in 2014.
Ludwig teamed up with Margareta Kozuch in July to represent Germany in the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, which had been postponed because of the worldwide Covid-19 outbreak. The duo advanced to the quarterfinals.
5. Saori Kimura
|Full Name||Saori Kimura|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1986|
|Net Worth||3 million|
|Place of Birth||Yashio, Saitama, Japan|
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)[|
|Notable Honors||Gold Medal in Asian Championship|
Saori Kimura is a professional volleyball player from Japan. She is also one of the most well-known and renowned female volleyball players in the world today. The 34-year-old earned a gold medal in the Asian Championship. Saori Kimura’s net worth is $3 million as of 2022.
Saori Kimura is a world-renowned volleyball outside hitter who is noted for being a versatile athlete who can play at an elite level in a variety of positions.
She competed in the 2004 Summer Olympics, the 2008 Summer Olympics, the 2012 Summer Olympics, and the 2016 Summer Olympics, where she won a bronze medal in 2012. She could play any position since she was so adaptable.
The List of her Achievements are Followed:
- Women’s V.League 12th New Face Award (2005–06).
- Best Server in the 14th Senior Asian Championship in Thailand in 2007.
- All Japan Championship 2007-08 2008 – MVP.
- Women’s Premier League 2007-08 – Best 6.
- Women’s Premier League – Best 6 of 2008-09.
- MVP of the 58th Kurowashi Tournament in 2009.
- Best Server in the 15th Senior Asian Championship in Vietnam in 2009.
- Women’s Premier League MVP in 2009-10, Best 6.
- MVP of the 59th Kurowashiki Tournament in 2010, Best6.
- Best Server and MVP in the 2010 Piemonte Woman Cup Tournament.
- “Best Scorer” at the 2010 FIVB World Grand Prix.
- Women’s Premier League – Excellent Player Award 2010-11.
- Women’s Premier League Best Six of 2011-12.
She’s known by her three iconic nicknames. “The Future of Japan,” “The Future of Saorin,” and “Miracle Saorin.”
6. Gabrielle Reece
|Full Name||Gabrielle Allyse Reece|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1970|
|Net Worth||12 million USD|
|Place of Birth||La Jolla, San Diego, California, U.S.|
|Profession||Athlete (Volleyball), Actress, Model|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
Gabrielle Reece is an actress and professional volleyball player from the United States. She is a very well-known female volleyball player. Mostly because of her showbiz and media personality.
Her celebrity stems mostly from her involvement in show business. In 1994-5, she was named Offensive Player of the Year. Gabrielle Reece’s net worth is estimated to be $12 million as of 2022.
She is an inspirational health and fitness leader, podcast presenter, corporate speaker, New York Times best-selling book, wife, and mother, in addition to being a volleyball legend. The former professional beach volleyball player and Nike’s first female spokesperson embodies athleticism and attractiveness.
Gabriella, a former Florida State standout who turned pro, worked hard to perfect her talents in 2-person beach volleyball and played in the 1999-2000 Olympic 4 on 4 Challenge Series as well as the 1999-2000 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour.
Reece’s Showbiz and Media Career
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, she appeared in multiple Elle layouts. Outside, Shape, Women’s Sports & Fitness, Elle, and Life have all featured her on their covers. Reece has previously appeared as herself in the HBO series Arliss.
Reece was a playable character and the cover model for the video game Power Spike: Pro Beach Volleyball, which was published in 2000 for the Game Boy Color, PlayStation, and Windows.
Reece also presented Insider Training for Fit TV/Discovery, where she interviewed elite athletes about their training and conditioning regimes. Reece presented NBC’s S.T.R.O.N.G. (2016) and, alongside her husband Laird Hamilton, did the Outside TV series XPT: The Experience in 2017.
She appeared in the sci-fi thriller Gattaca (1997) and was interviewed for the documentary Riding Giants (2004).
7. Francesca Piccinini
|Full Name||Francesca Piccinini|
|Date of Birth||10 January 1979|
|Net Worth||6 million USD|
|Place of Birth||Massa, Italy|
|Profession||Athlete (Volleyball), Actress|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
Francesca Piccinini is a prominent volleyball player. She is from Italy. She is one of Italy’s greatest and most well-known female volleyball players. She has won five gold medals. Francesca Piccinini’s net worth is $6 million as of 2022. She is one of Italy’s most popular female athletes.
She competed in the Summer Olympics four times, in 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012. She was a part of the Women’s National Team that won gold at the World Championships in Germany in 2002. She made her debut for Italy against the United States on June 10, 1995. The Japanese anime Attack No. 1, which aired in Italy in the 1980s under the title Mim e la Nazionale Della pallavolo, encouraged her to become a professional volleyball player. She is one of the world’s best female volleyball players.
She received the “Most Valuable Player” award while playing professionally with the Italian club Volley Bergamo, which won the CEV Indesit Champions League in 2009-10. Piccinini competed for Italy in the 2014 World Championship. Her team finished fourth after losing the bronze medal match versus Brazil 3-1.
In 2016, she was named “Most Valuable Player” once more as her Pom Casalmaggiore side won the 2015-16 CEV DenizBank Champions League title 3-0 over Turkish VakifBank Istanbul.
Let’s Have a Look at the Clubs she Played For:
- Robur Massa, Italy (1991–1993).
- Pallavolo Carrarese, Italy (1993–1995).
- Reggio Emilia, Italy (1995–1996).
- Modena, Italy Volley (1996–1997).
- Italy 2000 Spezzano Volley (1997–1998).
- Rexona from Brazil Volley (1998–1999) (1998–1999).
- Bergamo, Italy Volleyball (1999–2012).
- Italy Chieri Volleyball (2012–2013).
- LJ Volleyball in Italy (2013–2015).
- Italy Casalmaggiore Pom (2015–2016).
- Italy Novara Igor Gorgonzola (2016–2019).
Her Individual Achievements Are:
- “Fair Play Award” in the 2004 FIVB World Grand Prix.
- CEV Champions League “Best Spiker” in 2006-07.
- “Most Valuable Player” in the 2009-10 CEV Indesit Champions League Final Four.
- 2015–16 CEV “Most Valuable Player” in the DenizBank Champions League Final Four.
8. Kerri Walsh Jennings
|Full Name||Kerri Walsh Jennings|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1978|
|Net Worth||6 million USD|
|Place of Birth||California, U.S.A|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
Kerri Walsh Jennings is a professional beach volleyball player from the United States. She is currently the most significant of the greatest and most well-known female volleyball in the world. Walsh Jennings is a three-time Olympic gold medallist, which has increased her popularity among sports enthusiasts. With a net worth of $6 million, she is one of the highest-paid and richest beach volleyball players.
Walsh Jennings is the most decorated beach volleyball Olympian of all time throughout her Olympic career, competing in five Olympic games and winning four gold medals while raising her three children.
Walsh-Jennings teamed up with April Ross for the Rio Olympics. They advanced to the semi-finals, where they were defeated in two hard-fought sets by Brazil’s Agatha Bednarczuk and Bárbara Seixas. Walsh-Jennings and Ross played the number one ranked team from Brazil, Larissa França/Talita Antunch.
Many expected this to be the gold medal mat. However, Larissa and Talita were beaten in the semifinals by Germany’s Laura Ludwig and Kira Walkenhorst, sending the two best teams to the bronze medal match. Walsh-Jennings and Ross lost the first set and trailed by three points in the second before rallying to win.
Did you Know Walsh Jennings has Media Appearances?
Walsh Jennings, along with numerous other AVP Volleyball players, appeared in an episode of CSI: Miami in February 2006. She also conducts a one-hour weekly radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio’s Faction 28 channel. Every Sunday at 9 a.m. Eastern time, it airs.
She had an appearance on the Game Show Network show Extreme Dodgeball. She played for the Detroit Spoilers, who lost all 10 of their games. Walsh Jennings also participated in the show Shaq Vs. with her volleyball partner Misty May-Treanor in August 2009.
She was photographed both before and after giving birth to her third child for the ESPN The Magazine “Body Issue.” Little did you know that she had an appearance on Hell’s Kitchen in the twelfth season, where she provided the team challenge winner with a private volleyball lesson. Walsh Jennings and her husband went on Celebrity Wife Swap in 2015. Tami Roman from the television show Basketball Wives took her position.
Here is the List of Her Personal Galore:
- AVP Best Offensive Player: 2003, 2014.
- Champion of the AVP Crocs Cup three times: in 2006, 2007, and 2008. (all with Misty May-Treanor).
- AVP Most Valuable Player Awards: 2003, 2004.
- AVP Team of the Year (eight times): 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (with Misty May-Treanor), 2014, and 2016. (with April Ross).
- AVP Best Defensive Player (Blocker) (1): 2008 (2): 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- 2012 FIVB Tour Champion (1).
- 2002 FIVB Best Hitter (2): 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012 FIVB Best Offensive Player (with Misty May-Treanor).
- Sportswoman of the Year Awards: 2004 and 2006.
9. Tijana Bošković
|Full Name||Tijana Bošković|
|Date of Birth||8 March 1997|
|Net Worth||46 million USD|
|Place of Birth||Trebinje, Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 in)|
Tijana Bokovi is a professional volleyball player for the Serbia women’s national team. Bokovi is a left-handed player who has represented his country in the 2018 World Championship, the 2022 World Championship, the 2017 European Championship, and the 2019 European Championship. She has two Olympic medals to her name. She earned silver at the Rio Olympic Games in 2016 and bronze in the Tokyo Summer Olympics in 2020.
Since her debut with the national team in 2014, Bokovi has been one of Serbia’s important players. She had participated in gold medal matches in all major competitions (Olympic Games, World Championship, and European Championship) by the age of 21, and she was one of the players that provided many winning points for Serbia.
Bokovi was named the 2019 European Volleyball Confederation Female Volleyball Player of the Year, completing a three-year streak in which she has received the accolade. She presently owns the women’s world serve speed record of 111.4km/h. Bokovi beats her previous spike speed record of 110.3km/h with a speed of 110.9km/h.
Bokovi parted ways with Partizan Vizura in 2015 and had several offers from teams around Europe, namely from Italy, Poland, and Turkey. As one of the most sought-after players in the transfer window, she received bids from clubs all around the world, including VakifBank, Galatasaray, and Fenerbahce.
However, she eventually opted to join one of the largest volleyball clubs in the world, Eczacbaş Dynavit and signed a four-year deal with the team. UTSA Volleyball head coach Laura Neugebauer-Groff stated in 2016 that they attempted to convince her to play in America for a year with her sister, Dajana. Bokovi, who has previously signed four-year contracts with Eczacbaş, has turned down UTSA’s offer and decided to stay in Turkey.
Bokovi is trilingual, speaking Serbian, Turkish, and English. She is the daughter of Ljupko Bokovi and Vesna Bokovi. Her father played football. She has two siblings: a brother named Vuk and a sister named Dajana. Her younger brother, Vuk Bokovi, is a basketball player, while her older sister.
Dajana Bokovi plays on the Bosnia and Herzegovina national team. In the 2021 Women’s European Volleyball Championship, the two sisters played their first official tournament against each other.
Let’s Look at Some of Her Individual Achievements:
- 2014 OSS Promising Female Volleyball Player of the Year.
- 2016 OSS Female Volleyball Player of the Year.
- 2017 OSS Best Female Volleyball Player of the Year.
- 2022 OSS Female Volleyball Player of the Year.
- 2017 2018 Serbian Olympic Committee Young Athlete of the Year.
- Serbian Olympic Committee’s 2019 Sports Woman of the Year.
- Serbian Olympic Committee 2022 Sports Woman of the Year.
- Serbian Olympic Committee’s 2018 Team Sport Athlete of the Year.
- The greatest athlete in the Republic of Srpska for the year.
10. Gabriela Guimarães
|Full Name||Gabriela Braga Guimarães|
|Date of Birth||19 May 1994|
|Net Worth||5 million USD|
|Place of Birth||Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
Gabi (Gabriella Braga Guimares) is a Brazilian indoor volleyball player. She is an outside spiker. She won a silver medal in the Women’s tournament at the 2020 Summer Olympics. Guimares competed for her country, gaining bronze at the 2014 World Championship after defeating Italy 3-2 in the bronze medal match.
Guimares competed for the Brazilian club Rexona Ades Rio in the 2015 FIVB Club World Championship, where her team lost the bronze medal match to Swiss Voléro Zürich. She contributed to her country’s gold medal in the 2015 South American Championship.
In addition, she was named Most Valuable Player and Best Outside Hitter. She captained her national team to a silver medal in the 2022 FIVB Volleyball Women’s Nations League.
Here is the List of Some of Her Individual Achievements:
- “Best Spiker” in the 2010 Youth South American Championship.
- “Best Scorer” in the 2011 FIVB U18 World Championship.
- “Best Outside Spiker” at the 2013 FIVB U20 World Championships.
- “Best Spiker” in the 2014-15 Brazilian Superliga.
- “Best Scorer” in the 2014-15 Brazilian Superliga.
- “Most Valuable Player” in the 2017 South American Club Championship.
- “Best Outside Spiker” in the 2017 FIVB Club World Championships.
- “Best Outside Spiker” in the 2018 FIVB Club World Championships.
- “Best Outside Spiker” in the 2019 South American Club Championship.
- “Best Outside Spiker” in the 2018-19 Brazilian Superliga.
- FIVB Club World Championship – “Best Outside Spiker” in 2021.
- CEV Champions League – “Most Valuable Player” 2021-22.
Some of the World’s best female volleyball players have been discussed in this article. There are many more, and the list will go on. It’s really hard to identify only ten out of so many incredible female players in volleyball.
Volleyball is as yet to emerge as one of the most well-known and recognized sports in the world. Women volleyball players’ income is being harmed since they are paid less and have fewer endorsement opportunities. Volleyball is an easy game to learn and play.
- People Also Read: The Best 10 Outside Linebackers of All Time in the NFL History